ACP Conversation Guides
Produced by Dr. Nadia Incardona and Dr. Jeff Myers, 2016, includes the following:
- A Clinical Primer on How to prepare for Advance Care Planning Conversations with patients and substitute decision-maker(s) or SDM(s);
- ACP Conversation Guide to record wishes, values and beliefs for future healthcare (It is NOT consent for treatment but serves as a representation of a person’s capable thoughts and reflections); and
- Advance Care Planning Conversations, A Guide for You and Your Substitute Decision Maker – How you can prepare for having Advance Care Planning Conversations.
Toronto East General Hospital
- Making Decisions for Others: A Clinician’s Guide to Substitute Decision Making
- Making Healthcare Decisions for Others: A Guide for Substitute Decision Maker(s)
The Waterloo Wellington Advance Care Planning Education Program “Conversations Worth Having”
Uniquely designed to engage general public, community professionals and health care providers to build Consent and ACP understanding and capacity across the region. Focuses on CHANGE; change in awareness, attitudes, knowledge and behaviors associated with Consent and ACP. Visit the Waterloo Wellington ACP website for more resources.
East Toronto Health Link’s Ontario ACP toolkit for patients with chronic diseases and the healthcare providers who care for them
Using the Ontario Speak Up campaign as a framework, tools were created to help patients with chronic progressive disease as part of a coordinated care plan, discuss their future care wishes with their family and members of their health team. An e-learning module was also created which is an ACP Primer and Practical Approaches for healthcare providers in Ontario. Advance Care Planning
- Advance Care Planning Information Guide
- ACP workbook: My Health, My Wishes
- CPR Brochure
- SDM Brochure
- Wallet Card
- eLearning: An Advance Care Planning primer
The above Self-Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 4 Mainpro+ credits.
Hospice Northwest created A Personal Planning Guide which includes aspects of Advance Care Planning.