HCC ACP Regional Champion Position Description
HPCO’s Health Care Consent & Advance Care Planning Regional Champions are volunteers within the Hospice Palliative Care Ontario Health Care Consent Advance Care Planning Community of Practice (HPCO HCC ACP CoP) who are appointed by HPCO as recognized champions in HCC ACP GoC in Ontario. The designation is received following the successful completion of a 45-hour training/mentorship program by the CoP Leadership Team. A minimum of 1-4 Regional Champions exist across each of the 14 LHIN areas.
HCC ACP Regional Champion Role:
The Regional Champion demonstrates interest and capacity to participate with organizations/ stakeholders/partners in an effort to engage, educate, support, mentor and influence HCC & ACP initiatives within their local area/region.
The role of a Regional Champion includes ongoing commitment to:
- Provide support and information that will support local HCC ACP initiatives while ensuring compliance with the Ontario Legal Framework.
- Provide education and create awareness of available resources to local providers.
- Participate in local HCC ACP CoP material reviews.
- Connect and engage with the HCC ACP CoP General Membership as well as other relevant partners in their LHIN area.
- Be an HCC ACP conduit (i.e., for communications, collaborations, leverage opportunities etc.,) between the local area/region and the HCC ACP CoP.
- Meet with the Regional Champion committee a minimum of quarterly to provide a forum for information exchange, knowledge transfer and share information about HCC ACP initiatives within the Ontario framework. and to promote the recommended Ontario tools and resources and build awareness.
- Be vigilant and exemplary in sharing resources, to ensure consistency with Ontario legal framework.
- Use tools and resources provided to Regional Champions (meetings, SharePoint site etc.) to engage in their own continual training and growth.
Important note: Any materials, information and/or support provided by HPCO’s HCC ACP CoP Regional Champions are for educational purposes only. It is not intended as legal advice. Anyone with specific questions about any legal matter, should consult with their lawyer or professional legal service provider.
Application & Training:
An expression of interest for applicants is released by HPCO an annual basis (typically Spring). Successful applicants are those who demonstrate interest and capacity and are supported in this role by their workplace.
The 45-hour training/mentorship program consists of:
- 2 one-hour teleconference meetings with an HCC ACP leadership team member and other Regional Champion candidates
- Ongoing communication with mentor
- Completion of 3 assignments, including:
1. Review of Ontario specific literature/resources (estimated completion time: 16 hours)
2. Mock HCC ACP resource review (estimated completion time: 10 hours)
3. HCC ACP resource review (estimated completion time: 16 hours)
- Endorsement by the HPCO HCC ACP CoP Leadership Team following completion of 100% of the course including a final quiz
- Appointment by HPCO
HPCO’s HCC ACP Regional Champions
|ESC (1)||Lisa Durocher||Lisa.Durocher@lafht.ca|
|ESC (1)||Kate Wammesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|ESC (1)||Cindy Stokes||CindyStokes1@hotmail.com|
|ESC (1)||Janet Elderemail@example.com|
|ESC (1)||Maureen Eyresfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South West (2)||Patrice Keanemail@example.com|
|South West (2)||Launa Elliottfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South West (2)||Kenneth Hookemail@example.com|
|South West (2)
|Waterloo Wellington (3)||Sheli O’Connorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Waterloo Wellington (3)||Barbara Blocki||Barbara.Blocki@lhins.on.ca|
|HNHB (4)||Carma Mackenzieemail@example.com|
|HNHB (4)||Kim Rogersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|HNHB (4)||Julie Coulsonemail@example.com|
|HNHB (4)||Mahoganie Hinesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Central West (5)||Trudy Mulder-Hall||Trudy.Mulderhall@lhins.on.ca|
|Central West (5)||Aleksandra Grzeszczukemail@example.com|
|Central West (5)||Dorothy Tsangfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mississauga Halton (6)||Villy Simonettaemail@example.com|
|Mississauga Halton (6)||Lia Musettifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Toronto Central (7)||Dr Ebru Kayaemail@example.com|
|Toronto Central (7)||Rose-Marie Fraser||Rose-Marie.Fraser@uhn.ca|
|Toronto Central (7)||Melissa Devlinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Toronto Central (7)||Julie Huynhemail@example.com|
|Central (8)||Megan Rochfordfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Central (8)||Judy Murray||JMurray@southlakeregional.org|
|Central (8)||Karen McMahonemail@example.com|
|Central (8)||Amanda Adams||AAdams@msh.on.ca|
|Central East (9)||Amy Archerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Central East (9)||Kayleen McKenzieemail@example.com|
|South East (10)||Jenni-Ann Logan||Jenni-Ann.Logan@lhins.on.ca|
|South East (10)||Kimberley Volkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Champlain (11)||Nadine Valkemail@example.com|
|Champlain (11)||Tara Cohenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Simcoe Muskoka (12)||Amy Pritizeremail@example.com|
|North Simcoe Muskoka (12)||Rebecca Ellersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Simcoe Muskoka (12)||Karen Shirriff||Karen@nsmhpcn.ca|
|North East (13)||Erin Neufeldemail@example.com|
|North East (13)||Jennifer Gosselinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North East (13)||Jessica Cauxemail@example.com|
|North East (13)||Michelle Crepeaufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North East (13)||Phyllis Paradisemail@example.com|
|North East (13)||Debbie Collins-Maskellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North East (13)||Lisa Chandleremail@example.com|
|North East (13)||Betty Smallwoodfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North West (14)||Jill Marcellaemail@example.com|
|North West (14)||Kimberly Ramsbottomfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North West (14)||Dawn Dysievickemail@example.com|