It is important to recognize the growing need for Advance Care Planning (ACP), Goals of Care (GoC), and Person-Centred Decision Making (PCDM) resources in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been reviewing, developing and compiling several resources that offer guidance and practical ideas for planning and delivering ACP conversations during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can access resources intended to assist clinicians to engage patients in Patient-Centred Decision-Making conversations and help providers understand the conversations most appropriate to their practice setting and context.
- Click the link above to access multiple resources and supports, such as a set of Goals of Care Conversation Guides. These GOC Guides are meant to assist you with goals of care conversations based on the patient population you are assisting, and whether they are diagnosed with COVID-19. These guides are based on a number of existing resources, compiled to be compliant with Ontario legislation.
- Other resources also available such as Information Sheets for Patients, End-of-Life Support Tools, and Resources to Support Conversations.
- Person Centred Decision Making E-Learning Modules: These modules are intended for Clinician Competency Training on Health Care Consent, Advance Care Planning, and Goals of Care conversations where learners will move beyond advancing their knowledge and attitudes to develop clinical skills.
- Person Centred Decision Making Toolkit: This set of resources assist clinicians to engage patients in Patient-Centred Decision-Making conversations. It helps providers understand the conversations most appropriate to their practice setting and context.
- Health Care Consent, Advance Care Planning, Goals of Care Ontario Compliance Toolkit: This toolkit is designed to assist you with a preliminary self-review of your HCC ACP documents, resources and policies to ensure Ontario compliance.
- Resource Guide to Health Care Consent and Advance Care Planning in Ontario: This Guide has been developed as a resource to anyone with questions about health care consent and advance care planning. It includes the information that everyone needs to know to understand the health care decision making system in Ontario. It provides answers to questions about a wide variety of topics.
- Advance Care Planning Conversation Guide Primer for Clinicians: A guide to assist you with having conversations with patients and encouraging them to participate in Advance Care Planning.
- Advance Care Planning Guide/Template
- Goals of Care Guide/Template
- Health Care Consent and Advance Care Planning Webinars: A variety of webinars available relating to primary care, acute care, long term care, documentation, regional networks and community partners, etc.
- Substitute Decision Maker Hierarchy: Information on the SDM hierarchy based on the Ontario health Care Consent Act.
- Advance Care Planning Promotional Resources and Order Form: Browse our numerous resources from post cards, posters, wallet cards, etc. They are great tools to display and distribute in offices, clinics, etc.